Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The bad word "diet"...

So for some reason when I'm on a "diet" I can resist the urge to eat things that are not the best for me because I'm trying to reach a certain goal but as soon as I'm back to eating normal, I let myself eat whatever! I thought the word "diet" was supposed to be a bad word but it seems to be the only thing that keeps me in line...

So in an effort to eat healthier, my co-worker and I are trying the Atkins diet for 2 weeks! LOL! Maybe longer if it isn't too restrictive which, so far, it hasn't been. It's basically giving you recipes that involve little to no carbs which has been my enemy so it has worked out fine. My only concern is that for breakfast it has me eating eggs almost everyday, and I don't want my cholesterol to get out of whack. But it provides some really good options other than just baked chicken for dinner which is why I was getting a little burned out on the healthy eating!

Josh and I are going to an all black birthday party this weekend and I decided to try on a few dresses that I had in my closet last night. There was this one that I haven't worn since I bought it and couldn't fit over the last few years...I was able to get into it last night and it makes me look sooo skinny! I was surprised and honestly, a little uncomfortable! I am sooo uncomfortable with my body and having people look at it and with this dress, it shows a little cleavage and is tight in the mid-section. Should I just go for it or wear the safer option?? It will be dark where we are going so it may be ok...

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment